Week 78 Email: Eyzande Togo...Hallo Dasa?!?
From: Christian.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, December 12, 2022
Subject: Eyzande Togo...Hallo Dasa?!?
Bonjour tout le monde! This week was HYPE! Let's explain a little bit...
So
we started off this past week with interviews with the President. It's
so crazy to think that the last time was 6 weeks ago. I seriously feel
like there was maybe 2 weeks MAXIMUM between them but that's not the
case at all. It was good to talk to him as always and I also got to talk
to Sister Proudfoot and so it was safe to say that out of interviews I
wasn't just super encouraged but I was also on Cloud9 because of what I
was able to learn with my discussions. I seriously love my mission
president and his wife, they are 100% what I have needed throughout my
whole mission. When we got back up to Tabligbo we had some rendez-vous
that we had cancelled because we had a long drive ahead of us so we
called se people and passed by some recent ci vets and then had an
amazing lesson with Fr Jophran and Fr Philippe. And then we got some
news that a member had lost his wife to a sickness. So if you could all
keep Fr Stan and his family in your prayers they would be immensely
appreciated. They are going through a rough time right now :/
Wednesday
started off with out last district council of the 5 week transfer. And
that was a little bizzare because we are all used to 6 weeks in a
transfer and so having 5 was throwing us off a little bit. We had a
great lesson about the Spirit and how we can tell ourselves if we can
feel His presence. We had a great day out in sector after visiting some
new converts. Then we made the trip down to Lomé to do an exchange with
the Zone Leaders in Agoé.
Fun fact: Lomé can get hotter than the village at night. Even with a fan I was sweating so much haha.
Thursday
was probably one of my most favorite exchanges that I have done on my
mission. I spent the day with Elder Gbangbo and we worked the sector
hard! I was definitely tired at the end of the day haha. My legs wanted
to give out towards the beginning of the day but that's okay. I think
bikes have broken me a little bit and the way that I walk haha. In the
morning Elder Gbangbo and I didn't have a rendez-vous that went through
so we went walking to visit some people and then we had some inspiration
to go and knock on this door. And it worked! We found 3 people and
taught them the Restoration and they accepted to come to church next
week!!! We finished out the day talking to some members that remembered
me and then we took the long trip back up to Tabligbo. We got back to
the apartment (not having eaten) at 9pm. We made the wise decision to
just sleep without food haha. Kinda regretted that later.
Friday
we had our last weekly planning of the transfer and it was really good
to look back at what we were able to do the past 5(ish) weeks. We had
some visits that didn't go through but we were able to talk to and
contact new members and some other amis. Then I got to call President
Proudfoot and I got some awesome news! I got the transfer news for me a
day before haha.
So to
explain the title of today's email we have to look at the call with
President Proudfoot. I was asked to go to a sector that has a total of 5
members and that has been open for 2 transfers. I am leaving Togo and
am headed to Benin!! The sector is called Dasa and it is supposed to be
absolutely beautiful and hilly
.
I am sad to be leaving Togo after having spent the past 15 ½ months
here but I am also excited to get to see and know Benin before my
mission is over.
.
I am sad to be leaving Togo after having spent the past 15 ½ months
here but I am also excited to get to see and know Benin before my
mission is over. This
past Saturday we started off by visiting some new converts and getting
some red beans. Elder Mbowa has been looking for then since the
beginning of his mission and he finally found them! He goes home in
April too, so I'm not sure why it was so hard to find them but we
finally did and he was very happy. We spent the afternoon a little bit
like last week where we went and helped teach the hymns. We did a
Chrisrmas song and a reverent song this week. They went really well
except they kind of sound the same so we had a little difficulty
remembering them haha. It went well nonetheless. We had our coordination
meeting and talked a lot about our amis and I realised just how many
people we are teaching. Let's just say that we needed more than the hour
that we had programmed haha. We went and visited Maman Marguerite for
my last mangez-vous in Tabligbo to end our night.
Sunday
was a really bitter-sweet day for me. I absolutely love Togo and the
people here and especially in Tabligbo. But I am also excited to be
headed to Benin. We had quite a few amis at church and we were able to
do some really great lesson safeguards as well. We were accompanied by a
young man from the branch named Manasseh. He's like my best friend here
in Tabligbo and I am going to miss him, but thankfully telephones are a
things haha.
This week I
have been thinking a lot about the Savior and what it is that He has
done for us in our lives. And a part of His life that stood out to me
the most was His Atonement. When Christ walked into the garden he asked
if there was another way to save the children of God, but then He said
something that has touched my heart a lot this week "Not my will, but
thine, be done." (Luke 22:42) Christ gave everything to the Father and
was the example for us as well. I have found myself telling Heavenly
Father this past week "I'll let you guide me" or "thy will be done" and I
have felt the presence of His hand in my life so much more. I have seen
the blessings and felt His love for me and I know that you can as well.
He is there and He listens. I know that and I love that.
Thank
you all for reading this week's email if you got this far haha. It's
definitely a longer one but a lot happened this week. I'll catch yall
next week!
Beaucoup d'amour,
Elder Garcia
Photos!
There are some this week wooooo 









Comments
Post a Comment